- My eyes are bigger than my stomach, and I’m not so good at finishing what I start. (See: “knitting bag” with half-finished scarf shoved under desk, two-pocket folder on bookshelf bulging with magazine clippings “to someday organize and file”, the teach-yourself-spanish books collecting dust by my bed…)
- I’m a new mom of a 6 month-old who recently returned to working part-time at a lovely, yet demanding literacy coaching/specialist job.
- I’m a perfectionist. I really, really have trouble putting things down when they’re only just “good enough.”
- Did I mention I’m the new mom of a 6 month-old? An exciting Saturday usually means my kid slept three perfect naps and had enough poopy diapers to demonstrate his digestive system is in tip-top shape. Sooo I’ll be writing about what, exactly?
- Participating in this challenge will probably mean falling behind on my Glee-Parenthood-Parks and Rec-Daily Show-Colbert Report-Martha Stewart-Nate Berkus Show-Top Chef habit. (And what will I do when Mad Men comes back on??)
Reasons participating in this challenge might be a good idea:
- I like challenges. Just say the word, “challenge”, and my juices get flowing. I love pushing myself to see what I can do if I put my mind to it.
- I am always SAYING I want to write more. Now I have the chance to put my money where my mouth is…
- I’m a new mom, which basically means I’m a new person. I’m interested to see how and where a routine of creating might fit into my life.
- I’m intrigued by how the challenge of having to not only face the blank page every day but also PUBLISH daily will push my writing in new directions.
- I, like most of America, probably watch way too much t.v. anyway. (But I am absolutely, positively NOT giving up Smash….)